Keeping Farmers Farming
Kick start your career in Agriculture with one of the top John Deere dealers in Australia. Full training and mentoring provided!
- Structured Graduate Program
- Leading & well-established business
- Regional VIC location
We have an outstanding opportunity for a university graduate to join the Emmetts team in our Graduate Development Program. Rotating through several key departments in the business, this role provides the essential building blocks to a diverse and successful career in agriculture.
Established in 1957 Emmetts are a leading multi-franchise agricultural equipment group and one of Australia’s largest John Deere dealers. With 11 branches covering the broad-acre, viticulture, horticulture and grounds care farming sectors of Victoria and South Australia we are highly regarded in the farming community and believe the key to our success is the people who work for us!
Our team has a genuine passion for developing integrated farming solutions that help the Australian farming industry be the best it can be. Our culture is dynamic, and we support professional training and leadership development wherever possible.
The role includes a range of rotations across the company. The Graduate will work across the following departments, undertaking ownership for key projects in each area;
- Precision Agronomy
- Human Resources
The training, mentoring, and networking opportunities, as well as the chance to rotate through the organisation is all designed to give you the skills and knowledge to succeed at any role you set your sights on. You will finish the program with a thorough and fast-tracked understanding of the business, setting you up for a successful career with Emmetts.
To be successful, you will be a confident self-starter, with a passion for agricultural production, a rural lifestyle and demonstrate the following attributes;
- Undergraduate and/or Postgraduate degrees in an agricultural related field
- Strong data and analytics ability
- Positive team member
- Willingness to learn and motivation to succeed
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Advanced research capabilities to source solutions and work autonomously
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to use standard computer and internet functions
- A proven ability to achieve and exceed set targets
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive graduate remuneration
- Career development opportunities through Leadership Programs and John Deere University
- Values based organisation
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
- Relocation allowance and temporary housing may be considered dependent on applicant
- Your application should include
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role
- A current CV
- The position will commence December 2020/ January 2021