Interchangeable with John Deere rotary platforms
500D Draper and interchangeable rotary platform
500D Draper has an interchangeable rotary platform:
- Interchangeable on W235 or W260 traction units in 30 minutes or less
- Growers can use one traction unit for harvesting both small grains and hay
Higher productivity with center-driven belts
500D Draper on W235 Windrower
- Deliver increased torque
- Enable greater productivity with minimal belt slippage
- Increase performance in heavy crop conditions
Red circles point out the location of the belt drive motors
- Draper belts on the 500D are driven from the center of the platform
- Delivers increased belt performance compared to drapers with end-driven belts
Belt drive motors
Motor driving the left-hand belt
Motor driving the right-hand belt
Due to the motors pulling the belt (instead of pushing in an end drive system), there is less slack in the belt. This delivers an increase in belt torque.
As a result, producers will experience minimal belt slippage and increased performance in heavy crop conditions due to the center-driven belt system.
Strong, positive-feeding reel handles all crop conditions
The 500D Series includes an improved reel increasing durability in heavy crop conditions.
500D Draper teeth
- Easy reel tooth replacement is done with a 90-degree turn with a wrench. It will allow the reel tooth to be removed and replaced.
- Additional teeth can be added at any location along the extruded tooth bar.
John Deere parts and service support provide uptime for a timely harvest
Sales, parts, and service support from your local John Deere dealer offer overnight parts delivery and a well-trained support staff.
Draper hydraulic pump control logic delivers constant header speed
500D Draper on windrower
- The draper hydraulic pump control maintains knife, belt, and reel speeds regardless of engine rpm changes
- Results in uniform cut quality and windrow formation regardless of the terrain or engine load
- Reduces crop loss or shatter
Hydraulic deck shift (double swath package)
John Deere 525D, 530D, and 536D Drapers can windrow out of the center, right, or left ends of the draper with the press of a button using the hydraulic shift option (double swath package).
- Larger windrows to match combine or self-propelled forage harvester
- Match narrower-width drapers with higher-capacity harvesting
- Place higher-density windrows in front of harvesters when yields are low
- Discharge two windrows side by side for uniform combine or forage harvester feeding
First pass with right discharge
Second pass with right discharge
Third pass with left discharge